De-icing and more questions

It is now safe to turn the electronic equipment back on as long as the transmitting functions are disabled. We are now at twenty two thousand feet and I want to get a few things off my chest. I will hit send when we land.
The de-icing truck is a technological marvel, a futuristic looking machine that is extraordinary. I would describe it as a soupped up fire truck. That's what it looks like. Except that the controls are in the cabin on top of the ladder. The man sits on top and drives the truck from there. From inside the plane it looks like joysticks are the actual controls. The airplane is actually attacked by two similar trucks - one on each side. The liquid sprayed is pinkish-peach and the hose at the end of the arm has a brilliant light that makes it look like a cyclops.
We are now in the air. The flight left three hours after it was scheduled to depart.
I attempted to talk to the gate agent to see if there was another route I could take, but the weather reeked havoc on most flights heading west. She assured me that this was the only routing as my connecting flight was equally delayed. We'll see what happens in Chicago. She was nice, considering the fact that she was apparently at the airport since 5 AM. The flight left at 8:30 PM. She could not leave her shift as replacement agents could not make it in due to bade weather.
Here are some questions I always wanted to ask. They don't quite relate to the trip, but if you know please answer.
- why do we have to put the seats up during landing and take off
- what stringent security....my shoes have gell insoles for comfort...hope they don't confiscate them. My laptop has been x-rayed more times than me.
- I got yelled at for talking on the phone in the security area....when will a time come when law abiding flyers will stop feeing like criminals.
- the seat next to me is empty...what happened to the person that was supposed to be there? Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg's routine 'What about the dufrains?' - a friend that died waaaay to soon. I thought he was unbelievably talented and if you get a chance look up his comedy (start with www.youtube.com

One day in my memoires I will tell the story of what happened one friday night between two shows at Comedywood
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Comments

Popular posts from this blog