My Travels Sept 5 - 12, 2004

Just finished a week that started in Victoria, BC and eneded in Charlottown, Prince Edward Island - crossing the continent in seven days. It included flights, drives and ferries. I am a one-man show, so being able to be anywhere on a day's notice is my specialty.
This past week is normally one of the busiest weeks of the year for functions. It is frosh week in the colleges, conferences and fall festival week (normally right after labor day).
The shows are generally very well received as the people are feeling rejuvinated after a summer away and have a lot of energy and excitement of being "back" to whatever they do. My shows were nothing less and I had a great time.
I had many interesting adventures:
- forgot my cell phone on a plane, only to have it brought to me by security. I realized it was gone only after I reached to turn it back on when leaving the terminal (and they don't let you back in).
- enjoyed tasty eating in Halifax
- enjoyed the views in New Hampshire
- two shows in one night at different campuses of Univerity of Toronto
- the University of Victoria has bunnies all over the campus. I considered bringing one back with me, but changed my mind after realizing I might not get one through airport security.
- My shuttle driver was in a hurry to get me to the airport and almost hit a deer, group of which decided to congregate on a little travelled road (which he claimed was the best shortcut) at 5 am.
- almost missed my flight because of all the construction in Boston and getting lost and stuck in traffic on the I93 detour
- took wrong directions (actually my computer printed the wrong routing) and ended up on the ferry instead of crossing the bridge from mainland to PEI
- accidentally slept through a flight back home because the hotel "forgot" to give me a wake up call, only to be put on a direct flight back home instead of a connection flight. Thankfully someone else has slept through their flight, because all the leaving flights were sold out, and I was told I might have to spend an extra day or two on the island.
- my riders were taken seriously on this trip - once again I have a new wardrobe (I ask for a shirt with the venue's logo - this way I remember all the places I had the pleasure of visiting), had fruit and veggie platters to give me strength before showtime and precise directions to the venues.
- Got a chance to see the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans in the span of a week
In catering I had the $5 breakfast special at the airport in PEI, which was surprisingly tasty. It included eggs, hash browns, sausage and toast with jam and coffee in a mug. Eastern hospitality was thrown in at no extra charge.
Great to be back home. The next major trip is to Bermuda. I will post the play by play accounts shortly.
BORIS
http://www.incredibleboris.com/
http://www.comedywood.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog